“The Contest is a pretext for giving choirs and singers the opportunity to perform their pieces in a friendly educationally-oriented environment.”
Stefania Mauro – Artistic Director
The competition is reserved for Gospel Choirs and Singers. Each application must include the following attached documentation:
– Contest Application Form downloadable from this web page.
– Consent to the processing of personal data and consent to take photos / video.
– A video contribution with either an a cappella or an instrumental piece.
The registration request can be made through:
Download registration form here for Choirs
Download registration form here for Single artists
Send material by e-mail to: email@example.com
Requests to partecipate to the Contest may be submitted no later than the deadline communicated by the Organizing Commitee.
The Organizing Committee will evaluate the technical (i.e. intonation, sound quality) and artistic value (interpretation, authenticity and adherence to Gospel performances) of the videos received and will select the participants to the Contest.
A maximum of 12 Gospel groups will be selected for the participation to the Contest.
Choirs and Singers that have not been selected for the gospel competition are still allowed to participate to the collateral activities and workshops of the Festival.
CONTEST APPLICATION FORM
The choir or singer selected for the contest must provide:
– Name list of choir components.
– Photocopy of the payment fee.
– n. 2 photo of the choir.
– (optional) A video contribution lasting about 2 minutes in which the participating group motivates participation to the festival. The contribution will be published on the social channels of the event.
FESTIVAL SUBSCRIPTION FEE
The registered choirs and singers selected for the Festival are subject to payment of:
– 50 euro for individual participation;
– 40 euro per person for groups of 10 to 19 people;
– 25 euro per person for groups of 20 to 29 people;
– 15 euro per person for groups of 30 and more.
The payment can be made by bank transfer to the following coordinates:
– IBAN: IT71B0548463900CC0400421384 ;
– Bank: Banca Popolare di Cividale ;
– Reason: release of the inscription ”Montegrotto Terme European Gospel Festival”.
All banking charges shall be paid by the choir or singer.
In case of cancellation on the part of the Organizing Committee, 100% of the paid subscription fee will be refunded to the choir.
In case of cancellation on the part of the choir:
– 100% of the paid application fee will be refunded to the choir when the cancellation is made 6 months before the opening date of the Festival.
– 50% of the paid application fee will be refunded to the choir when the cancellation is made 3 months before the opening date of the Festival.
– 0% of the paid application fee will be refunded to the choir when the cancellation is made within 1 months before the opening date of the Festival.
The Contest will take place on 19th, 20th, 21st June 2020. The total time of the performance has to be 25 minutes, including the time for going on to the stage and leaving the stage. Penalty will be three points less every two minutes in excess.
Information about the songs (title, length, music scores, name of composer, text writer, copyrights owner, etc.) must be sent to the Organizing Committee by the downloadable form provided on the website of the Festival and sent to the Organizing Committee at least 3 months before the Festival competition.
There will be one song in common which had to be included in the repertoire. Each choir can choose to perform it in the version they prefer. The name of the song for the 2020 edition is “Amazing Grace”.
Choirs and singers may perform a-cappella or with accompaniment. In case of accompaniment, the choir must provide their own musicians. The festival organizer will provide instruments, namely bass, guitar, drums, keyboard, free of charge. Other instruments will not be supplied (availability of a keyboard subject to demand during rehearsals).
Choirs and singers will be evaluated by international acknowledged choral experts. The following items will be evaluated:
The decision of the jury cannot be contested.
Download here the complete rules of Montegrotto Terme European Gospel Festival 2020.
AWARDS AND DIPLOMAS
All the choirs will receive a Certificate of participation. The choir or singer with the highest score becomes the competition Winner and will be awarded with a cash prize of € 3000.
On each of the three evening concerts there will be a special prize granted by a review of the spectators.
Choirs and singers selected for the contest will be allowed to participate to the 2-day workshop organized with prestigious international artists.
Choirs and singers not selected for the contest will otherwise be allowed to participate to this prestigious event.